What size and output of stove do I need?
Have you tried our HEAT CALCULATOR? It’s on the home page. :) This will provide you with a useful guide of the heat output required for your home.
It is important to try and get the most appropriate output for the area you are trying to heat. If you have the stove in a fireplace it is important to ensure it fits into your fireplace opening with sufficient clearance. Other factors to consider are:
- The insulation value of the walls
- Whether the windows are double or single glazed
- Do you have high or vaulted ceilings?
- Having stairs in the room will also affect the distribution of heat
- Archways or door openings into other rooms.
Posted in: General